Sign up for the Information Packed "Painting Contractors Perspective Newsletter" Today and Get Instant Access to the Powerful (NEW) Special Report: (A $97 Value)

"The 7 Biggest Mistakes Painting Contractors Make...
And How to Fix Them"

Name
Email
Important:  I will never share your contact information with anyone period AND you can unsubscribe anytime!

Painting Business How To Tips

Painting Business Tips, Tricks and strategies for running a successful painting business. Use and Profit from nearly two decades painting skills, business and consulting experience.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What Are You Thankful for in Your Painting Business...

November means 'Goal Setting Time' for me and my businesses... It's also a time for reflection and Thanksgiving, for all the success we have achieved and all of the struggles we have overcome.

2010 has been a tough year for just about everyone I've talked to (Including myself) but there is no sense dwelling on that...

Here are a few important things I am Grateful for: (Please post a comment and share your stories of success and gratitude.)

  • First and foremost I am thankful for my loving and supportive family. My wife Janelle for how hard she works in our businesses and my sweet daughter Myla for being such a 'go with the flow' kid!

  • I am thankful for all of my employees for delivering the BEST customer service and support to our customers.

  • I am thankful for the hundreds of painting business owners who trusted me enough to invest in Painting for Profits and help them grow their painting businesses.

  • I am thankful for my improving health and fitness level (P-90X Kicks Butt!)

  • I am thankful for the wonderfully successful launch of the (NEW) 1-800-PRO-PAINTER Advantage and how quickly it is becoming a TOP nationally recognized brand in the residential painting market.

  • I am thankful for all of the lessons I have learned and all of the setbacks I've been able to overcome.

  • I am thankful for all of the Goals and Plans we have in place for 2011 that will allow us to grow our businesses, build stronger relationships and help even more painting business owners reach their goals.

  • I am excited about how AWESOME the Updated and Expanded 2011 Edition of Painting for Profits has turned out, and I am especially thankful for all the hard work, time, energy and effort my team put into getting it ready!
That is just a short list off the top of my head. The cool thing about doing this exercise, is once I started typing "I am thankful" it made me FEEL GOOD... so good in fact, I could sit here all day thinking of things to be grateful for but its time to get back to work ;-)

Okay, I have time for one more... I am thankful for YOU!

Please leave a comment and share what you are thankful for this year and what you are excited about for 2011.


8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You’re right. 2010 has presented new challenges for our painting business and the painting industry as a whole. Where just a couple of years ago you could hang your shingle on the front lawn and take orders by phone, now it seems painting companies need the branding genius of Coca-Cola and the marketing budget of Microsoft just to get the phone to ring! And if your business means as much to you as mine does to me, you’ve probably researched and discovered as I have that the reason you’re phone doesn’t ring like it used to is because people don’t make phone calls like they used to. They’re online! They’re looking for their local painting contractor through internet search engines. Not the Yellow Pages. And when they find a painter they’re interested in hiring, they email or fill out the contact form on the painter’s web site long before they pick up a phone.

So why am I going on about how customers are finding painting contractors here at Thanksgiving? It’s because my company, ColourWorks Painting, has made it through the rough patch that was 2010 by focusing on our web presence and developing the way we service our customers online. And for the success of our business and the longevity this has brought, I am truly thankful!

I am also thankful for my family who has been there to share in the successes as well as the failures.

I am thankful for our loyal customers who find and create reasons to hire us each and every year (and some many times a year!).

I am thankful for the extreme level of competition amongst Toronto painting contractors which has kept us on our toes and has created a very high standard for painting professionals in our fair city to the ultimate benefit of our customers.

And finally, I am thankful that this year, ColourWorks Painting has been restructured and made stronger by this new age of small business to better meet the challenges ahead and undoubtedly prosper through the rest of this year and 2011.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Mike said...

2010 has been a very challenging year for all painting contractors in Canada and the US. Yellow Pages doesn't work any more. Now you need to find ways to get to the top of the search engine rankings. I'm thankful for surving 2010 and looking forward to a great 2011.

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Salt Lake City UT Painters said...

Hello,
I am just a new and a small painting contractor. Till now I am thankful to my co-workers who have supported and cooperated with my painting business. I must also thank to my luck and God’s blessings without whom I may get success in my business.
Please bless and give me your warm wishes so that I can grow more like you all.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Laura McAvoy said...

I have a lot to be thankful for and first, that would be my family. They made each and every year worthwhile.

Second, I thank my painting contractors from Indianapolis Industrial Painting who have been kind and patient enough to finish our wonderful home - adding color to make it more lively.

Third, I thank the people who have been there for me and for rocking my 2010.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous scottsdale painters said...

Hello,
Nice and useful post. I was just planning to paint my garden and fence too.
Your post helped me a lot.
Waiting to see your more post.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Las Vegas NV Painters said...

Hello,
I am an interior decorator, and recently started a new business as a painting contractor.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Painter in Riverside, Ca said...

Thankful were still in business after 2009 & 10.. Thankful for our painters standing behind us in slow times.. Thankful for my wife and children always believing in me and painting..

visit us@ http:tri-countypainting.yolasite.com

10:57 PM  
Blogger johnsonhomeconstruction said...

This is an amazing blog that I regrettably just found. Being a painting contractor myself, I see the challenges we face on a daily basis.

I have bookmarked this blog for further reading and follow ups. Please keep updating it.

Tommy Johnson
Johnson Home Construction

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home