Sign up for the Information Packed "Painting Contractors Perspective Newsletter" Today and Get Instant Access to the Powerful (NEW) Special Report: (A $97 Value)

"The 7 Biggest Mistakes Painting Contractors Make...
And How to Fix Them"

Name
Email
Important:  I will never share your contact information with anyone period AND you can unsubscribe anytime!

Painting Business How To Tips

Painting Business Tips, Tricks and strategies for running a successful painting business. Use and Profit from nearly two decades painting skills, business and consulting experience.

Friday, August 07, 2009

Competing On Price Is A One Way Ticket To The Poor House.

We receive emails all the time saying something to the effect that "Low ball painters are driving down prices and the only way to compete is to drop my rates!!!"

Sometimes the people who send those emails are bent out of shape and yell at me like it's my fault. However I am always nice when I reply back and I usually offer a tip or two to help combat the dreaded "Low Ball Offer".

If you are having trouble with painters in your area driving prices down I offer these suggestions.

1. Consider targeting a different market or neighborhood.

2. Begin to add more value to the services you offer - For example a 1-2 year written warranty.

3. Associate your business with a local cause or charity.

4. Narrow the focus of your promotions and sharpen up your marketing message.

5. Brainstorm ways to tighten up your brand and image.

In future blog posts we will look at each of these suggestions in a bit more detail.

Leave me a comment about what kind of challenges you are experiencing in your market right now and what you are doing to overcome them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home